x-ray Monitor (XRM)  Meeting page

STURM logoSTURM2

Members

Matt Andrew,  James Bynes, Bronson Edralin, Chris Ketter, Luca Macchiarulo, Isar Mostafanezhad, Peter Orel, Gary Varner, UH
(former members: 
Janne Himanen, Jussi Kangaskoski, Jussi Malin, Louis Ridley, Xi Zhao)

John Flanagan, Emy Mulyani, KEK

Jasmine Hasi, Chris Kenney, Julie Segal, Astrid Tomada  SLAC
(former member:
Kurtis Nishimura)
Scheduling links: [Google Docs (Most Recent)]  [xls]   [pdf]

XRM Working page  [link]

Meeting:  19-DEC-2016 (meeting w/ KEK & SLAC)   [minutes]

Meeting via BlueJeans 16:00 PDT, 14:00pm HI and 9:00am KEK (20-DEC).

US:  +1.888.240.2560

Japan+81.3.4579.8425
Code: 2152821105

  1. Nichi-bei submission preparations

Meeting:  30-NOV-2016 (meeting w/ KEK & SLAC)   [minutes]

Meeting via BlueJeans 16:00 PDT, 14:00pm HI and 9:00am KEK (1-DEC).

  1. Update from KEK
  2. Update from SLAC
  3. Updates from Hawaii  [synopsis]
  4. AOB

Meeting:  5-OCT-2016 (meeting w/ KEK) 

Meeting via Skype 2:00pm HI and 9:00am KEK (6-OCT).

  1. Update from KEK
  2. Updates from Hawaii
  3. AOB

Meeting:  13-SEP-2016 (meeting w/ KEK)   [minutes]

Meeting via Skype 2:30pm HI and 9:30am KEK (14-SEP).

  1. Update from KEK
  2. Updates from Hawaii
  3. Archival from Hawaii
  4. AOB

Meeting:  15-JUN-2016 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)   [minutes]

Meeting at 18:00pm CA, 15:00pm HI and 10:00am KEK (16-JUN).
phone: 866-740-1260       
Call in number Japan: 00531190031

code: 8852838

  1. Report from SLAC
    1. Imaging detector presentations
  2. Report from KEK
  3. Report from Hawaii
    1. List of questions:
    2. 1) pinout for new sensor (confirm signals and bias levels) [SLAC]
      2) mechanical drawings of the sensor (GDSII OK)  [SLAC]
      3) sensor thickness confirm  [SLAC]
      4) confirm wirebond pitch  [SLAC]
      5) Expected heat load ?  [KEK]
      6) Maximum weight allowed on moving/rotating stage?  [KEK]
      7) Confirm water cooling of detector mount OK?  [KEK]
      8) Minimal amplification levels OK?  [discussion]

    3. Straw-man 3D model [PDF] (Chris)
  1. AOB

Meeting:  15-DEC-2015 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK) 

  1. Report from SLAC  
  2. Report from KEK
  3. Report from Hawaii
    1. Preamplifier board design (Vihtori, Peter)
    2. Interface board design (Peter, Vihtori)  [png]  [pdf]
    3. Detector housing update (Chris)  [pdf]
  4. AOB

Meeting:  20-OCT-2015 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)   [minutes]

  1. Report from SLAC  (Chris on travel)
  2. Report from KEK
    1. Resolution LER & HER (Emy)  [pdf]
    2. Detector illumination images (SLAC & Fermionics)  (Emy)  [pdf]
  3. Report from Hawaii
  4. AOB

Meeting:  29-SEP-2015 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)   [minutes]

Meeting at 17:30pm CA, 14:30pm HI and 9:30am KEK (9/30).
phone: 866-740-1260       
Call in number Japan: 00531190031

code: 8852838

  1. Report from SLAC  
  2. Report from KEK
  3. Report from Hawaii
    1. Preamplifier measurement report (Vihtori, Peter)  [doc]
    2. Detector housing update (Chris)
    3. Discussion on deployment scheduling
    4. What to test in October vs. what to test/install in Nov ?
  4. AOB

Meeting:  16-SEP-2015 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)

  1. Report from SLAC  
  2. Report from KEK
  3. Report from Hawaii
  4. Discussion on better meeting time:   [IDL/Gary's constraints]
  5. AOB

Meeting:  2-SEP-2015 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)  

  1. Report from SLAC  
  2. Report from KEK
  3. Report from Hawaii
  4. AOB

Local XRM Review/Meeting  [link]


64-channel readout page (last updated 1-April-2015)  [link]

ATF [running schedule]


Next Meeting:  8-JUL-2015 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK) 

  1. Report from SLAC  
  2. Report from KEK (HER beamline photos below)
  3. Report from Hawaii
  4. AOB
HER1HER2HER3HER4

Meeting:  17-JUN-2015 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)

Meeting at 16:30pm CA, 13:30pm HI and 8:30am KEK (6/18).

  1. Nichibei funding / plans
  2. Report from SLAC  
  3. Report from KEK
  4. Report from Hawaii
  5. AOB

Meeting:  1-APR-2015 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)   [minutes]

  1. Report from SLAC  
  2. Report from KEK
  3. Report from Hawaii
  4. AOB

Meeting:  4-MAR-2015 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)

  1. Report from SLAC  
  2. Report from KEK
  3. Report from Hawaii
  4. AOB

11-FEB-2015 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK) 

  1. Report from SLAC  
  2. Report from KEK
  3. Report from Hawaii
  4. AOB

21-JAN-2015 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)

  1. Nichibei submission for JFY2015
  2. Report from SLAC  
  3. Report from KEK
  4. Report from Hawaii
  5. AOB

17-DEC-2014 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)

  1. Report from SLAC  
  2. Report from KEK
  3. Report from Hawaii (Gary couldn't make it)
  4. AOB

 3-DEC-2014 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)

  1. Report from SLAC  
  2. Report from KEK
  3. Report from Hawaii
  4. AOB

12-NOV-2014 (meeting w/SLAC & KEK) 

  1. First Generation production system   -- report from KEK   (Gary/Jussi)
  2. Fabrication update from SLAC  (Julie/Chris)
  3. News from KEK  (John)
  4. link to blah
  5. AOB ?

Meeting:  15-OCT-2014 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK) 

PlasmaDicingplasmaDice2
  1. Plans for First Generation production system   -- follow-on   (Gary/Jussi)
  2. Fabrication update from SLAC  (Julie/Chris)
  3. News from KEK  (John)
  4. AOB ?

Meeting:  10-SEP-2014 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)   [minutes]

Meeting at 18:30pm TX, 16:30pm CA, 13:30pm HI and 8:30am KEK (9/11).
phone: 866-740-1260       
Call in number Japan: 00531190031

code: 8852838

  1. Plans for First Generation production -- update:  all boards in fab soon   --    (Gary/Jussi)
  2. Fabrication update from SLAC  (Julie/Chris)
  3. News from KEK  (John)
  4. AOB ?

Nice photo of the wafer, ready for diffusion implant step (27-AUG-2014):
wn3


Meeting:  30-JUL-2014 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)

  1. Plans for First Generation production system   -- follow-on   (Gary/Jussi)
  2. Fabrication update from SLAC  (Julie/Chris)
  3. News from KEK  (John)
  4. AOB ?

Rescheduled:  9-JUL-2014 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)   [minutes]

  1. Plans for First Generation production system   (Gary)
  2. Fabrication update from SLAC  (Julie/Chris)
  3. News from KEK  (John)

11-JUN-2014 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)   [minutes]

  1. Report from UH FEL x-ray run  [pdf]   (Jussi/Gary)
  2. Fabrication update from SLAC?
  3. News from KEK?

7-MAY-2014 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)   [minutes]

Meeting at 5:00pm CA, 2:00pm HI and 9:00am KEK (5/8).

  1. STURM2 Readout update  (Jussi)  [link]
  2. Fabrication update at SLAC  (Chris)
  3. News from KEK  (John)

NOTE:  try to get some data on 16-JUN run?


2-APR-2014 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)

  1. JFY2014 budget discussions
  2. Diamond heat sink  (all)

11-DEC-2013 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)

  1. Follow-up on 25 vs 50 um pixel size  (revised)  (John)
  2. Comments on capacitance of inputs/loading of Rev. 4 Strip design   (Gary)
  3. SLAC fabrication update [v.5]   [pdf]  (Julie/Chris)
  4. AOB ?

27-NOV-2013 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)   [minutes]

  1. Follow-up on 25 vs 50 um pixel size  (revised)  [pdf]  (John)
  2. SLAC fabrication update   (Julie/Chris)
  3. AOB ?

20-NOV-2013 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)

Meeting at 4:00pm CA, 2:00pm HI and 9:00am KEK (21-NOV).  [notes/HW follow-up]

  1. Updated (Rev. 4 -- 18-NOV-2013) Spectrometer layout (Julie)  [PDF]
  2. Follow-up on how resolution degrades with pixel size [PDF]  (John)
  3. Response to capacitance input loading of Rev. 2 active-edge Strip design [Gary away this week...]   (Gary)

13-NOV-2013 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)  [minutes]

Unusual time due to clean room work and other constraints.

Discussion on Questions raised by Julie from last time.



6-NOV-2013 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)  [note added afterward from Julie]

  1. Follow-up on SuperKEKB Point Spread Functions, how resolution degrades with pixel size  (John)
  2. Response to capacitance input loading of Rev. 2 active-edge Strip design [not until after IRSX, LAB4B submitted...]   (Gary)
  3. SLAC fabrication update & Questions [PDF]   (Julie/Chris)
  4. Update on readiness for Nov ATF2 test  (Gary/Jussi)
  5. AOB ?

23-OCT-2013 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)  [minutes]

  1. Brief update on 64-channel readout/ATF2 run preparations  ? (Gary/Jussi)
  2. AOB ?
  3. Next meeting is 2 weeks:  (Chris, Gary away Korea [IEEE/NSS] 10/25 - 11/2)

16-OCT-2013 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)  [minutes]

Meeting at 5:00pm CA, 2:00pm HI and 9:00am KEK (17-OCT).
phone: 866-740-1260       
Call in number Japan: 00531190031

code: 8852838

  1. SuperKEKB Point Spread Functions  [pdf]  (John)
  2.  

9-OCT-2013 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)  [minutes]

  1. Blooming in Detector  [pdf]   (John)
  2. Active edge Strip detector Rev. 2  [pdf]   (Julie)
  3. Compton-backscatter E-measurement notes: 

2-OCT-2013 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)  [minutes]

  1. X-ray spectra for different masks  [pptx]    (John)
  2. SLAC updates toward fabrication?    (Chris?)
  3. Compton Backscatter brainstorming  (all)
  4. Brief update on 64-channel readout/ATF2 run preparations  (Gary/Jussi)
  5. Next meeting:  Wednesday, Oct 9 5pm SLAC, 2pm Hawaii; Thursday Oct 10 9am KEK

25-SEP-2013 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)  [minutes]

  1. Active-edge strip detector (initial layout)  [pdf]    (Julie Segal)
  2. Crude spectrometer estimate   [pdf]   (Chris)
  3. Next meeting:  Wednesday, Oct 2 5pm SLAC, 2pm Hawaii; Thursday Oct 3 9am KEK

5-SEP-2013 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC & KEK)  [minutes]

  1. Electron versus Holes (further device simulations)  [pdf]    (Julie Segal)
  2. Heat loading, spectrum and angular   [pdf]   (John)
  3. Next meeting:  Wednesday, Sept 25 5pm SLAC, 2pm Hawaii; Thursday Sept 26 9am KEK

6-AUG-2013 Meeting (meeting w/SLAC [John/Gary @ Snowmass])  [minutes]

Meeting at 1:00pm CA and 3:00pm MN.

  1. Device simulations  [pdf]    (Julie Segal)
  2. Crude spectrometer  [pdf]   (Chris)
  3. Radiation fluence calculations [refine specifications -- discussion]   (John)

20-JUN-2013 Follow-up Meeting 

  1. 128-channel, 25um strip, 50um bonding pad Cadence diagram  [png]    (Chris)
  2. Meeting notes, with further study items from John -- (to be posted)

3-JUN-2013 Meeting (@ SLAC w/ connection to KEK)

  1. Meeting notes from Chris, including homework  [pdf]    (for follow-up meeting Thursday/Friday June 20/21st)
  2. Sketches (post meeting) of the planar readout concepts  [pdf]
  3. Sample detectors brought back with Gary for evaluation

18-SEP-2012 Meeting (follow-up)

  1. Estimated (Gary) 250um Si detector stopping power  [pdf]    (could be shifted by 1keV)
  2. Even 4x detectors thick lets lots of x-rays through  [pdf]
  3. John's LER/HER simulations  [pdf]
  4. Specs for detector prototype (to follow-up with Chris Kenney)
  5. 1ps IR light test with Fermionics  [pdf]

4-SEP-2012 Meeting (deferred from 28-AUG-2012)

  1. Update on SLAC discussions/plans
  2. FPIX details  [Haba-san's slides]
  3. xFEL update
  4. Gary @ KEK (9/29 - 10/3); (11/3 - 11/18 == around 1 week at Nagoya)
  5. Schedule update from KEK

7-FEB-2012 Meeting 

  1. Update on STURM2 DC, Motherboard Rev. B submission (Janne/Jussi)  [project page]
  2. Nichibei request  [draft doc (UH part only)]
  3. xFEL schedule (estimate)
  4. Gary @ KEK (2/25 - 2/29); (3/12 - 3/18)
  5. Schedule from KEK

19-JAN-2012 Meeting 

  1. Jussi Malin's final report
  2. Update on STURM2 DC, Motherboard issues
  3. Schedule from KEK

30-OCT-2011 Update 

  1. Hex sensors returned to Sherwood, upon request
  2. New trench electrodes fabricated  [pic1]   [z-dir pic2]

4-OCT-2011 Meeting

  1. 30x STURM2 daughtercards "to be fabricated"
  2. Production Amplifier order "to be fabricated"
  3. Motherboard design [update]  (Jussi)
  4. Amplifier mass assembly --> local vendor visited == UH will machine assy jig
  5. STURM2_eval testing now focus (Jussi and Joachim)   
  6. Blooming studies with CASINO  (John)  [PDF]
  7. Updates on schedule for ATF2, etc. 
  8. Next meeting? ==> next week, if topics

23-AUG-2011 Meeting Notes:

  1. 30x STURM2 daughtercards in fabrication ==>  All parts ordered
  2. Motherboard design:
    1. Schematics complete ==> Design review Friday
    2. Layout about 1/2 done, Xi will turn it over to Jussi to complete
  3. Amplifier mass fabrication/assembly ==> Needs quotation for board fab and possibly stuffing outside (except RF conns?)
  4. Firmware development ==> have STURM2 eval board would be helpful
  5. Next meeting? ==> next week, if topics; otherwise in 3 weeks  (Sept. 13)

13-JUL-2011 Meeting 

  1. Updates from Hawaii  (Xi/Jussi)
    1. Amplifier parts order?
    2. STURM2_DC submission?
    3. STURM2 packaging?
    4. Motherboard schedule?
  2. Discussion on possible autumn schedule (all)
    1. First "vertical slice" test?
      1. Wire bonded Fermionics
      2. 1 STURM2_DC
      3. STURM2 Motherboard
      4. Simple SCROD firmware
    2. First x-ray FEL run? 
    3. Tests at KEK?
  3. Scheduling constraints  (Gary)
  4. Plans and status at KEK (John)
  5. AOB?
  6. Next meeting?


Recent paper on system  [PDF]


31-MAY-2011 Meeting 

  1. Introduction -- Jussi Malin
  2. Updates on testing/assy/ documentation above  (Xi)
  3. Plans and status at UH (Gary)
  4. Plans and status at KEK (John)
  5. AOB?
  6. Next meeting?


5-APR-2011 Meeting 

Updates on above documentation  (Xi/Gary)
SCROD milestone  (Matt/Kurtis/Gary)
Plans for further STURM2 testing at KEK? (John)
Further measurements from CESR-TA? (John)
Report from PAC (John) 
Discussion on plans for Nichibei funds/activities JFY2011

Gary at KEK ???  (scheduling?)
Next meeting?

22-MAR-2011 Touching base (post Quake) 

Report on things at KEK, ATF2 [PDF]  (John)
Report on Rev. B amplifier submission (Xi)   [PDF]
SCROD, STURM2_ASIC card, Motherboard  (Gary)
Any further STURM2 testing at KEK? (John)
Further measurements from CESR-TA? (John)
Plans for PAC (John) 
Plans for rest of JFY 2010/early JFY 2011
Gary at KEK ???  (scheduling?)
Next meeting?


Link to possible 50-ohm board connector for amplifiers  [link]

Regular weekly meetings are via Skype on Tuesdays (5:00pm HST) [12:00 noon JST]

21-DEC-2010 Touching base    [minutes]

Coded aperture only plots  [PDF]
Measurements from CESR-TA (full slides)   [PDF]
Plans for rest of 2010/early 2011
Gary at KEK Jan 21 - 24; Belle/Belle II in early April (6-11)

18-DEC-2010 Amp Test results  

Both a fully populated amp, and an RF connector only card (Rev. A) were fabricated, as seen in photo:

RevA amp card

While the gain looked OK initially, there was a LOT of structure to the gain.  The wiring was a bit tough and the results depend upon
how the cables are flexed.  To test just this, a very short SMA was directly soldered to the input.  When this was done it was seen that
the input coupling is rather poor.  In addition, there are a couple of mistakes in the schematic, to be fixed.  So on to Rev. B.

Items to be fixed:

1) power (VCC) of amp should be tied to A3V
2) a 1000pF cap needs to be added on the amp/Inductor output, before the 2dB atten pad
3) to reduce trace lengths, it is better to rotate EMI shield
4) while it will require somewhat larger board space, it is better to add more pins and optimize the input coupling


7-DEC-2010 Touching base    [minutes]

Update on beamline alignment   [PDF]
Plans for rest of 2010
Gary (and Kurtis, Marc and Matt) At KEK Jan 21 - 24(?) [latter part of January] and again in early April.
STURM2 packaging slow:
1) design of daughtercard
2) testing of amp prototype
3) full readout module design...  hopefully some progress this next month while at home


26-NOV-2010 Alignment News

Apparently there are indeed issues with the alignment of the exit port/beampipe. 
Figure provided by John to illustrate believed misalignment  [gif]
and drawing of the 3 legged septum chamber  [pic]

26-OCT-2010 Meeting Agenda

(skipped 3 weeks:  Gary ANL/FNAL 3-10 Oct, John CESR-TA 7-14 Oct, Gary 30th Nichi-Bei Oct. 19-23)

  1. Update on ATF2 readout design   [Gary]
    1. 20dB amp board design (IDL_10_023)  [ZIP]
    2. Now have overall architecture designed for 128 channel board.  [PDF]
    3. First pass schematics by next meeting.
  2. STURM2 further firmware development  [John]
  3. STURM2_eval packaging 
  4. AOB?

26-OCT-2010 Meeting Agenda

(skipped 3 weeks:  Gary ANL/FNAL 3-10 Oct, John CESR-TA 7-14 Oct, Gary 30th Nichi-Bei Oct. 19-23)

  1. Update on ATF2 readout design   [Gary]
    1. Positive feedback from Lightspin guys on the Optomec processing
    2. Now have overall architecture designed for 128 channel board.  [PDF]
    3. First pass schematics by next meeting.
  2. STURM2 further firmware development  [John]
  3. STURM2_eval packaging 
  4. AOB?

28-SEP-2010 Meeting Agenda

  1. Update on ATF2 readout design   [Gary]
    1. Positive feedback from Lightspin guys on the Optomec processing
    2. Recent Optomec article posting in Chip Scale Review  [PDF]
    3. Now have overall architecture designed for 128 channel board.  First pass schematics by next meeting.
  2. STURM2 further firmware development  [John]
  3. STURM2_eval packaging 
  4. AOB?

21-SEP-2010 Meeting Agenda   [minutes]

  1. Update on ATF2 readout design   [Gary]
    1. KLM (MPPC amp) tested  [PDF]
    2. Avago amp option:
      1. Overall component  [link]
      2. Datasheet  [link]
  2. Fermionics shipment  [Gary]
    1. Packaged and en-route
  3. STURM2 further firmware development  [John]
    1. Matt visit schedule --> early January (Kurtis/I may also attend same time)
  4. STURM2_eval packaging 
  5. Experiment 2 xFEL report, plans for next  [link]
  6. Giovanni's summer 2011 students?
  7. AOB?

14-SEP-2010 Meeting Agenda   [minutes]

  1. Status of ATF2 readout design (no time)  [Gary]
  2. Fermionics shipment  [Gary]
  3. STURM2 further firmware development  [John]
    1. Matt will be there for a couple of weeks
  4. STURM2_eval packaging  [Gary --> Matt to help before departure]
  5. First (successful) xFEL run  [PDF]  , plans for next
  6. AOB?

8-SEP-2010 Meeting Agenda  [minutes]

  1. Report on ATF2 beamline construction  [John]
  2. Update on Fermionics procurement/mounting plans [Gary]
  3. Confirmation of specs for next generation readout  [discussion]
    1. 64 vs. 128 readout channels?
    2. 3 board types?
      1. sensor board (Optomec traces to breakout connector)
      2. Intermediate amplifier card
      3. STURM2-based readout (includes FPGAs/USB/fiber link)
    3. Needed gain?  (60dB)
    4. ROE2 back-end?  (electrically similar, but higher density)
    5. Manpower?  [may have to muscle and do myself...]
  4. STURM2 further firmware development
  5. AOB?

ATF2 beamlinePhotograph of the ATF2 x-ray beamline [8-SEP-2010 - John]

Minutes of meeting held at SLAC and subsequent follow-up  [Gary]  [link]

Final Draft of "Design Considerations for X-ray Beam Profile Monitor for SuperKEKB"  (2-AUG-2010)  [John]  [PDF]

Poster to go with paper  [PDF]

xBSM Data from Presentation  (7-JUL-2010 -- CesrTA WebEx)  [John]  [PDF]

ATF2 Presentation  (2-JUL-2010 @ KEK)  [John]  [PDF]

Q&A from this presentation [txt]

Follow-up on discussion questions/specifications for Autumn 2010 ATF2 detector system:

27-JUN-2010 [HST]  Update

First results from STURM2 RF sine testing  [xls]  [PDF]

17-JUN-2010 [HST]  Meeting -- Special meeting time (16:30 HST) [11:30 JST]


1) Update of analysis of CESR-TA data [John]  [PDF]

2) Discussion of x-ray paper options [all]

3) Progress on ATF2 beamline [John]

4) Progress on xFEL beamline [Gary]

5) Schedule revisit [all]   (Gary at KEK 6/29 - 7/9)


22-APR-2010 [HST]  Meeting [minutes]

STURM meeting minutes 2010.4.23

1) Expected kakenhi budget:
2010: 200 man-yen
2011: 120 man-yen
2012: 30 man-yen
Pending final approval, money should start being available in June.

2) Resolution plots for CesrTA

3) ATF:
Gary at KEK Windows: 5/18-21, 5/31-6/2 (maybe)

4) No more rad testing needed.

5) Belle timing jitter:
Correlation plots show jitter between Belle's copy of RF clock
and bunch collision time is <~15 ps.

Need BPM signal near IP to compare with Belle clock.
May want a special purpose BPM in future for timing measurement.

*Checked with Tobiyama. OCTPOS BPM signals are available at Tsukuba B4.
*If special BPM is needed for Belle-II, something could be arranged
in the Tsukuba straight section. Best to get that request in as soon
as possible so it can make it into the design.

6) Gary 5/17-5/24 @ KEK for sure

7) Sample from Lightspin?

22-APR-2010 [HST]  [agenda]

  1. Kakenhi status [John]
  2. Resolution plots for CesrTA [John]  [PDF]
  3. Progress on ATF beamline/optical bench set-up [John]
  4. Continued rad testing (not) [Gary/Larry]
  5. Possible concurrent near-detector bpm/Belle clock jitter measurement? [Gary/Larry]
  6. my schedule for trip to KEK in May (+June?)
  7. AOB ?
    1. When next discuss with Lightspin:  layering?  stacking?  getting sample? [Gary]
    2. BPM/octopos -- follow-up with Tobiyama [John]

30-MAR-2010 [HST/virtual meeting]

  1. A follow-up from Lightspin on detector options [text]\
  2. Make a table of specs (since issue keeps coming up)

5-MAR-2010 [HST meeting]


John Flanagan visited UH and a number of items, including plans for ATF2 readout were
discussed and will be summarized here soon.

Gary's list of action items from meeting:

  1. Look into a camera for beam spot alignment -- too diffuse for xFEL, but consider for ATF2
  2. Contact Chris about Sintef, fixing detector wafers -- message sent
  3. Contact Sherwood about sample 3D detector -- message sent, confusing response received
During this visit, the STURM2 arrived, with various logo photos: 

Logos1namesislands

8-FEB-2010 [HST]

A discussion was held Monday to discuss schedule and get act together for Nichibei report 
and request for next year.

Meeting Minutes [John]


Action items:


  1. Edit and post Nichi-bei draft documents:
    1. Short report (edited)
    2. Longer write-up (draft)

Useful references


Archive:




Return to scheduling page
[UH Physics] [University of Hawaii]
Last modified: 4/17/2016 -- GSV