Molecular Model for an Ideal Gas
This java applet shows a microscopic model for an ideal gas. The pressure
that a gas exerts on the walls of its container is a consequence of the
collisions of the gas molecules with the walls. In this model:
- The molecules obey Newton's law of motion.
- The molecules move in all direction with equal propability.
- There is no interactions between molecules (no collisions between molecules).
- The molecules indergo elastic collisions with the walls.
You can change the following parameters
- N: Total number of molecules
- P: The presure of the system
- v: The velocity of each molecules.
- The width of the container (Click near the boundary and Drag the mouse)
The volume of the container is adjusted automatically according to the
The animation is suspended when you press the mouse button. It is resumed
when you release the button.
Try to find out the relations between
- total number of molecules N ---- volume V
- the pressure of the system P--- volume V
- the velocity of the molecules v --- volume V
Any suggestions? Please Click email@example.com
other Java Applets Last modified :
URLs links to this page