There will be no labs in the first week of the semester. The labs will start on January 14, 2019.
Frequently asked questions:
- You have to be enrolled concurrently with the lecture. For example, if you are planning to take the PHYS 151L lab you have to be enrolled in the PHYS 151 lecture. If you are currently waitlisted for the lecture you cannot enroll in the lab.
- As a strict prerequisite, the corresponding lecture has to be taken concurrently or before. It is also not possible to take the mechanics and E&M labs concurrently (even if you have taken both lectures before). No exceptions will be made.
- Not all lab sections are full. Please enroll in the available sections first before requesting to be waitlisted for another section.
- If you did not get into the lab or if you can only make it to a specific section please go to the first lab of the section that you would like to attend. If availabilty allows the TA might be able to give you an override. This decision is within the discretion of the TA and should be seen as an exception.
- If you cannot register for the lab and are under the assumption that you fulfill all prerequisites (e.g., this can happen when you are transferring from another school) please contact our department secretary Karen Mertz: email@example.com.
- If you want to withdraw from the course between January 31 and March 25 please have either your TA, our department secretrary Karen Mertz (WAT416), or the faculty supervisor Philip von Doetinchem (WAT430) sign the drop form. In any case, please also inform your TA by email that you are dropping the class.
- If you decide to drop the lecture you also have to drop the corresponding lab course. No exceptions will be made. You can drop the lab and stay in the lecture.
PHYS 151L, PHYS 170L: PSB108 and PSB110
PHYS 152L, PHYS 272L: PSB111 and PSB112
Text for PHYS 151L, 170L
The mechanics labs use a new zero-cost manual: Laboratory Manual for PHYS151L/170L
Text for PHYS 152L, 272L
Harris, General Physics Laboratory II: Electricity and Magnetism Optics: Physics 152L and 272L, 2nd Ed.: buy online
TA office hours in WAT421:
Free Analysis tool: SciDAVis (Windows, Mac, Linux)
For Macs please make sure to download the pkg file from here
Teaching assistants for the different sections