Application Procedures for Graduate Admission
Deadline for Graduate Application:
Spring Admission: August 1st
Fall Admission: January 15
- All applicants are required to take the GRE General and Physics Subject Test. In addition, international students are required to take either the TOEFL or the IELTS. The Educational Testing Service (ETS) code for UHM is 4867.
- Submit online application and transcripts to Graduate Division Graduate Admissions Office On-Line Application for both US and International Students: Additional Information for International Students:
- Submit Required Physics Department Forms (send directly to Dept Office either by email to: ude.iiawah.syhp@ppagsyhp or by regular mail).
- Evaluation Form
To satisfy the admissions requirement, (3) evaluation forms are required.
- Assistantship Application
Form used to apply for either a Teaching or Research Assistantship within the department. Appointees must have satisfactory academic record, and adequate background in major. Recipients will receive a tuition waiver and monthly salary. This is not required for admission.
- Summary Sheet
Summary of personal information and a synopsis of exam scores, and degrees received/expected.
- Waiver of Access
This form is a voluntary declaration that you waive your right to access confidential documents concerning your application for admission, financial aid, trainee ships, etc. at the University of Hawaii.
- Statement of Objectives Form
Describe the objectives of your graduate study, your area of specialization within the graduate program, and your long-range professional goals. Include any additional information that will assist the graduate admissions committee in evaluating your application.
- Evaluation Form
Graduate Assistants (GAs) is a renewable academic appointment. GAs need to be familiar the University’s academic regulations as well the professional standards of their field. Please visit Graduate Teaching/Research Assistantship for more information on graduate assistantship.