Terahertz Free Electron Laser Group
The Terahertz free electron laser is
based on an electrostatic Van-de-Graf accelerator using a novel recirculating beam system that was developed by Elias. This
device has been transported from the
The THz FEL group is
working closely with the UH FEL group. The research plans for this
activity includes: • Study the interaction of THz
radiation with molecular, biological and solid-state systems
• Study the interaction of THz radiation with molecular, biological and solid-state systems
• Develop solid state sensors and devices in the THz region
• Develop plasma gating techniques which can be used to generate short THz pulses
• Use the Lienard-Wiechert to conduct theoretical studies of the generation of coherent FEL radiation in the time domain.
• Development of CW FELs
• Development of a short pulse THz FEL based on the Mark III thermionic RF gun.
• Detection of THz signals from hazardous substances.